Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Blue Blazer

Last week I had a cold and even lost my voice at one point while working a bartending gig for Surfrider Foundation ( Long Beach Chapter). When I got home, my friend Mark new what to give me to help coat my throat and to make me feel better, it was the blue blazer and after having one of those, it not only helped me but put me to sleep as well. I recommend this hot drink as a remedy for whatever type of cold ails you this fall and winter, you can't go wrong with it!

It was invented by legendary "Professor" Jerry Thomas while he was in residence at the bar of the El Dorado, San Francisco in the nineteenth century. With this drink he perfected the technique of igniting the whiskey and throwing the flaming liquid between tow silver tankards - mixing he ingredients whilst the bar was aflame. This act was preformed before President Grant so much that he presented him with a cigar!

God bless and Cheers,

John Apodaca
john@daddyosmartinis.com


Blue Blazer 

1  3/4 oz whiskey
1 3/4 oz boiling water
1 bar spoon of honey
juice of half a lemon

Heat the whiskey in a small saucepan and pour into one tankard, Put the boiling water into the other tankard. Light the whiskey and while it's flaming, pour the two liquids from one tankard to the other for or five times.. This may seem difficult at first and practice is required before you preform this act in front of guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment